Import Regulations For Used Cars From Japan To Zimbabwe
Importing Used Car from Japan to Zimbabwe
We from japantradecar are happy to announce special service for all customers in Zimbabwe. We started a direct delivery service to the Zimbabwean Border (Beitbridge Border). When you are ordering a vehicle online, choose Port Beitbridge and you will receive a quote with all costs up to the Zimbabwe border. If you buy your car from JapanTradeCar.com, we will arrange export and shipping from Japan.
Used cars imported to Zimbabwe are shipped to the maritime port of Durban or Dar-Es-Salaam. JapanTradeCar will organize the export from Japan up to the port of Durban or Dar-Es-Salaam. Due to current freight rates, import of used cars to Zimbabwe via the port of Durban is definitely the best option.
There are no age restriction for importing used vehicles to Zimbabwe
Restriction For Non Commercial Vehicles
Cars are considered luxury items in Zimbabwe. Although there are no general restrictictions when it comes to import of cars to Zimbabwe, import taxes fees and duties may apply.
Commercial vehicles such as Trucks, and Buses are taxed less than cars. Same applies to vehicles with an engine capacity under 1500 cc. Taxation for these vehicles is less than for vehicles with bigger engines or vehicles desinged for transport of people such as buses, minibuses vehicles with a seaing capacity of more than 10 people including driver.
Import Tax For Vehicles
is calculated dependent of the type of the vehicle beein imported.
- Motor vehicles for the transport of 10 or more persons including the driver attract Customs Duty of 0% to 60% (buses, kombis, etc.) *
- Motor vehicles principally designed for the transport of persons other than those mentioned above attract Customs Duty of 25% to 40%. These vehicles include light passenger motor vehicles, station wagons, etc.) *
- Motor vehicles for the transport of goods attract Customs Duty of 25% to 40% depending on the gross vehicle weight. This category includes pick-up trucks and double cabs. *
- 40% for vehicles with an engine smaller than 1500cc
Home Page of Zimbabwen Revenue Authority
||High Taxes for Luxury Vehicles
Click Here To Go Back to find more import regulations for used and new cars
* Source Zimra Electronic Newsletter Feb-2012